Powered By Blogger

Sep 11, 2011

Chappellet Mountain Cuvee 2008

To enjoy a Pritchard Hill wine from Chappelett doesn't mean it has to be a "Signature Series". I picked up this bottle about 5 months ago, looking for a Napa wine that could prove to me California is not becoming an area creating only BIG, cult wines. Thanks to a great recommendation, I picked this up and allowed it to sit for a while.

On this memorable day, 9/11/11, it has been a decade since our lives were forever changed. Football, as well as most sports came to halt in the wake such tragedy. Today is the opening day for the NFL, and I cant think of another reason why I shouldn't enjoy this wine. Here is a review I wrote. I hope you enjoy and will go get a bottle:

The 2008 Mountain Cuvee resembles a young Paulliac given it's complexity within the glass. A vibrant aroma of dark cherries, plums, and grapes appeal to the nose as a rich array of flavors, such as black cherries, cola, plums, and hints of oak dance across the palate. This rich Meritage (52% Cabernet Sauvignon, 43% Merlot, 3% Petit Verdot, 1% Cabernet Franc, 1% Malbec) is racy, yet supple enough to approach now. A year or two will tame the heat that is slightly present, but it's nothing that can't be enjoyed now! RH 91

1 comment:

  1. If I may make a few recommendations.

    (1) Ask yourself, "What about my blog stands out from the gazillion other wine blogs out there?"

    (2) Ask yourself, "What do I have to offer that no one else offers"?

    (3) Ask yourself, "Visually, what is "eye-catching" about my blog?"

    There are countless peeps out there buying a bottle and giving their 2 cent opinions about the wine, and I find them all to be boring.

    Writing a wine blog is challenging because wine is a sensory experience (visual, smell, taste) and yet a blog has NONE of those qualities (unless you have pictures or videos) so the most one can hope to do is describe the sensory experience and the reality is there are a lot of pros out there who do a better job that either your or I can.

    So, give some thought and see how you might improve, but keeping writing, keep tasting.... and find somehthing or someone that REALLY inspires you to do better!

    Cheers!

    Erik Wait

    California WIne Tasting Adventures

    ReplyDelete